I could have sworn I saw some way to provide a sink for log4j2 (or maybe it was
log4net) internal events.  I just did a quick search and couldn't find
anything.  Is there such a mechanism?  If so, couldn't this be a way for you to
at least capture internal errors which are not bubbled up through the logging
API?  You could then forward these events to the platform logging mechanism.

Thanks,
Nick