The “context” of the call is only grossly captured by the logger name, and that
is only by convention. If you really want the name of the class then you need
the location information, which gives you the class name, method name and line
number of the caller.

If these are “business” events why do you want to turn them off by the name of
the logger? I would think you might want to filter out certain event types, but
that shouldn’t be represented by the logger name.

Ralph

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 6:47 AM, Nicholas Duane <nic...@msn.com> wrote:
>
> That's what I initially thought.  However, as I pointed out it has the same
> downsides as a "well known" logger.  We lose the context of what code is
> logging the call (e.g the class name which is usually used as the logger
> name), and there is no way to turn on/off a section of code from logging, in
> the case we find some errant code.  Those two are big enough issues which are
> keeping me away from using "well known" loggers.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nick

>>> questions/16813032/what-is-markers-in-java-logging-

>>> http://www.magine.com <http://www.magine.com/>>