Pietro,

The performance impact of logging location information is massive.
See
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/performance.html#asyncLoggingWithLocation

You can increase logging speed by ~80x by not logging location information.

If you follow the conventions that each class has its own logger (and the
logger name is the class that it is for), then %c or %logger in the pattern
layout will tell you the name of the class. Then all that remains is make
your log messages informative enough that you don't need line numbers to
disambiguate them.

Remko