I don't know how Wildfly works, but maybe you should ask this question to any support forum of Wildfly.

On 2017-09-19 13:16, Christian Wansart wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a jax-rs project that uses log4j through slf4j-api and
log4j-slf4j-impl. So far, I configured the logging pattern via Wildfly’s
standalone.xml. But I want to have a project wide config file for logging.

I put a log4j2.xml in the resources folder, but when I run it, it just uses the
pattern of the standalone.xml.

Here is my log4j2.xml:

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <Configuration status="WARN">
     <Appenders>
       <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
         <PatternLayout pattern="MYLOG TEST  %d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%t] %-5level %logger{36}
- %msg%n"/>
       </Console>
     </Appenders>
     <Loggers>
       <Root level="error">
         <AppenderRef ref="Console"/>
       </Root>
     </Loggers>
   </Configuration>

What am I missing? It seems that the file was not read?  In the output in my
IntelliJ IDEA IDE I just see the log messages in the format I set in the
standalone.xml.

Best regards,
Christian