Hi,

I use Log4j2 with async logger and includeLocation=true. As the manual
warns, it slows down my application 4 times. Are there any tips how to
obtain location information without runtime performance hit?

* I use Java 9 so that Log4j2 can use the stack walking API but it
does not help too much.
* I was thinking about creating a script that modifies my source code
and adds the location information to all logging commands. That's the
only viable solution I see at the moment.
* There is also AspectJ technology that may be of use. However, my
last attempt to use the technology was a total disaster as my build
had never finished..

Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards,
Martin