This one has me stumped. I don’t recall when OutputStreamAppender or
WriterAppender were added or why but they are unlike any other Appenders. The
documentation on OutputStreamAppender is wrong by the way, It says it is used
by other Appenders but that isn’t the case. All the other use
AbstractOutputStreamAppender. I have no idea why OutputStreamAppender or
WriterAppender exist or how you are supposed to use them.

Ralph