Based on what I am seeing of how Log4j 1 makes use of RendererSupport, the
equivalent functionality is provided by the Message objects in Log4j 2. Each
Message must implement a getFormattedMessage method to render the message
contents more or less in the same way that Log4j 1 uses the RendererMap to
determine how to Render each Object type.

Ralph