Hi experts,

I have this log4j2 problem for quite so time now and hope that I can get some
tips off this group where about I have done things wrongly.

Here is below my log4j2.xml which I put it in a Resource folder at my Project
in Eclipse NEON.

<Configuration>
        <Appenders>

                <!-- Console Appender -->
                <Console name="Console" target="SYSTEM_OUT">
                        <PatternLayout
                                pattern="%d{yyyy-MMM-dd HH:mm:ss a} [%t]
%-5level %logger{36} - %msg%n" />
                </Console>

        </Appenders>
        <Loggers>
                <Logger name="Business.RegisterService" level="info"
additivity="false">
            <appender-ref ref="Console" level="info"/>
        </Logger>

                <!-- Log everything in hibernate -->
                <Logger name="org.hibernate" level="info" additivity="false">
                        <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
                </Logger>

                <!-- Log SQL statements -->
                <Logger name="org.hibernate.SQL" level="debug"
additivity="false">
                        <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
                </Logger>
                <!-- Log JDBC bind parameters -->
                <Logger name="org.hibernate.type.descriptor.sql" level="trace"
                        additivity="false">
                        <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
                </Logger>
                <!-- Log custom packages -->
                <Logger name="util" level="debug" additivity="false">
                        <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
                        </Logger>
                <Root level="debug">
                        <AppenderRef ref="Console" />
                </Root>
        </Loggers>
</Configuration>

Abit about my project : dynamic annotation Java EE with hibernate and JPA.

I have also added log4j-api-2.10.0-source.jar and log4j-core-2.10.0-sources.jar
in the build path.  It is also in my m2 repository via maven.

And in one of my classes, I have put in the necessary code ;

public class tutorDAOImpl implements tutorDAO {

        private static final Logger log =
LogManager.getLogger(tutorDAOImpl.class );
m.subjMany(m.getSubjects());
                        session.saveOrUpdate(m);
                        tx.commit();
                        log.info("Tutor object saved");
                        session.close();
                        System.out.println("added");
                        }catch(Exception e){
                                log.warn("SEVERE problem cleaning up: " +
e.getMessage());

All I get is Tomcat 'log':

INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-8009"]
Jan 30, 2018 12:24:09 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 12616 ms

I felt that I have all the things in place for the logging to be shown when I
run debug server...but no logging Infor is shown.

Furthermore, I used to be able to get this Hibernate logging shown the SQL
infor etc as the debugger step thru the programme.

Hope someone can tell me what have I forgotten to do or what has caused the
console not to show any logging details.

Thanks alot in advance.

regards,
Karen