Very good question. Please be aware that Log4j will *not* clear the
ThreadContext. Your concern that ThreadContext values may become visible to
other threads because of Tomcat’s thread pool is a legitimate concern.

It is a good idea to explicitly clear values when the application is done with
them. The CloseableThreadContext can be useful here.

Remko

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info