I found that the problem can be reproduced with this:

new File(“file:C:\\temp\\some.file”).toURI()

If you print the above it shows:

file:/C:/my/current/directory/file:C:/temp/some.file

So, the configuration should not prefix the path with “file:”, but with
“file:/“ (slash after the colon).

(Shameless plug) Every java main() method deserves http://picocli.info