I am having difficulty understanding what you are asking. I don’t know what you
mean by “File name appender”. Log4j 2 has a FileAppender that accepts a
filename parameter and a RollingFileAppender that accepts a fileName and
filePattern.  Since a FileAppender doesn’t roll a RolloverStrategy doesn’t make
sense for it.

Are you simply asking how to get the file name inside a RolloverStrategy? If
that is your question the FileManager is passed to the rollover method and the
FileManager has methods to retrieve the file name.

Ralph