That would be my doing. There really is no rational reason. I do remember
wanting to have the Level be an enum instead of a raw integer but other than
that I have no recollection.

However, I do remember struggling with the isGreaterThan and isLessThan concept
with regard to levels as that actually implies that they are integers. Instead,
you will see that the methods are isMoreSpecificThan and is LessSpecificThan,
neither of which imply anything about the integers.

Ralph