When using ConfigurationBuilder is it all or nothing or can you integrate what
your builder builds into the existing log4j that’s already been initialized
from log4j.xml. Actually I’ve already initialized using my xml “manually” using
setConfigLocation earlier.

With 1.x you can get a reference an existing logger (already defined by
log4j.xml) and then attach appenders to it.

That’s what I ideally want to do with ConfigurationBuilder so that I can still
statically setup other loggers that don’t need to be dynamically created.