On 2011-08-13, Roy Chastain wrote:

> My immediate takeaway is that by using a distributed VCS we have the
> capabilities that I am more used to in that we are working "connected"
> instead of "disconnected" with the connection blocker being someone who
> can commit in SVN on ASF.

Yes, BUT.

But once the people who would be working "in connected mode" in a
distributed VCS have been doing it for long enough that the existing
committers have gained enough trust the whole thing won't be necessary
any longer.  The people who stick around long enough will get write
access to svn sooner or later.

The normal state of an ASF project is that all people who contribute
code on a regular basis have write access - if they want it.

> Is how do we track what we are doing so that the correct info gets into
> JIRA or is that the committers job to fix JIRA as he/she commit our
> code?

The normal process is that a committer resolves the JIRA issue once the
code is in svn.  Sometimes the user who opened the issue will close it
after the fix has been verified but this is truely optional.

Stefan