On 2013-11-13, Dominik Psenner wrote:

> Thought of that too, but I decided to let it be in UTF8 cause its the most
> compatible format nowadays whereas ASCII is somewhat antique. What do you
> think?

IIUC ASCII would have been the implicit body encoding for log4net <
1.2.12 so when looking for a backwards compatible default this would be
the most natural choice.

I'm not sure whether setting the encoding to UTF8 triggers some sort of
different handling inside of the framweork's SMTP code even if the test
was pure ASCII.  If it doesn't, then I'm fine with UTF8.

Maybe we should send two messages with a body only containing ASCII
letters and compare the raw messages created with encoding set to ASCII
or UTF8 respectively.

Stefan