From: shaeney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 6:40 AM
To: log4net-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: Does Log4Net have the concept of "Topics" and, if so,
can I route messages based on topic rather than "Class" hierarchy?

The title says it all really, I would like to be able to route my
messages
based on a topic rather than the class that posts the message. For
example,
I have an audit requirement and a log requirement for the same class.

When I start/stop a given job, I want to audit that, but I also want to
record job progress within the class via logging. I see my audit and
logging
sinks as being different and backed by different storage. How can I
model
this in Log4Net?

Also, is it possible to include meta data with the log message? I could
do
with appending an XML payload to be digested by the sink, if that's
possible.

Cheers,
Steve