> just want to be able to go into each project and add a reference to
the log4net.dll and that should do it.

>No GAC just a reference in each project to the log4net.dll.

Correct. _IF_ you used the signed version (or signed a build yourself)
you could drop it in the GAC and then you wouldn't need a copy in each
deployment directory (you'd still need a reference) but we've found the
GAC closer to DLL-hell then not. It's simple enough to drop a copy of
log4net.dll in the deployment directory and away you go. Plus, if you
were to use a strongly named version then every time you rebuilt it you
would have to adjust your references as the full version # is included
in the strong name. Not the end of the world for log4net.dll, but there
are updates.

-Walden

--

Walden H Leverich III