On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, David Pointon wrote:

> I'm sure I can't be the only one to have tried the my $logger
> = Log::Log4perl->new($class); way of dynamically creating a category

Hi David,

sorry, that part in the docs dates back to 2002 and it's a typo, it
should be Log::Log4perl->get_logger($class) instead. Fixed it:

https://github.com/mschilli/log4perl/commit/2ba79b11eda280845559fb6df93b0a0375a42043

> I only tried this because, having created a root logger with
> category Foo::Bar, all get_logger($class) calls (where $class is
> in Foo::Bar or a subclass thereof) return an Log::Log4perl::Logger
> object whereas I expected, but could not get, a Foo::Bar or
> Foo::Bar::Logger object.

Hmm, I didn't quite get what you meant there, can you elaborate on what
you're trying to accomplish?

--
-- Mike

Mike Schilli