On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 02:23:20PM +0000, James Powell wrote:
> WHSmith's www.bookshop.co.uk is good for this as they are incapable
> of storing orders so have to send each book when they get it (so you
> can end up with deliveries on subsequent days).

I weas reading a Boxman obituary earlier
(http://europe.thestandard.com/article/display/0,1151,14363,00.html?mail)
and one of the things that it said was the Boxman's (hugely expensive
IBM) system wasn't capable of *billing* you until everything had shipped,
although they would quite happily ship the individual items one by one  ;)

Quite a scary story actually...

Tony
 Tony Bowden | Belfast, NI | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.tmtm.com | www.blackstar.co.uk
   all history is too small for even me; for me and you,exceedingly too small