From: Tony Bowden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 12/26/00 1:05:40 PM

> Worst Film of the Year (original story) award goes to
> Topsy-Turvy.

Finally got round to seeing this on video a couple of weeks ago
and was hugely disappointed. My least favourite Mike Leigh film
by a long way. In fact probably the only Mike Leigh film that
isn't in my top 20 films of all time :(

> Worst Film of the Year (remake) award goes to Michael
> Almereyda's Hamlet.

I saw that on a flight in September. I fell asleep before the
end - but I suspect that had more to do with it being 4am than
the quality of the film. I remember it being a very interesting
version of the story but Ethan Hawke just doesn't have the screen
presence to play Hamlet. Kyle MacLachlan seemed a little young
to be a convincing Claudius as well. Top points to Bill Murray
as Polonius tho'.

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

"The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one",
he said. But still they come.