> well, Nat's bringing a lot of miniDV tapes tonight, we are going to
> convert them into Quicktime and Real for streaming.
> what source format do you need to make VCDs with your thingy?

>From the homepage:

create a MPEG-1 video stream with the dimensions 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288
(PAL) and a bitrate of 1152 KBit/sec (use the encoder of your choice, you
find one for MJPG encoded AVIs or Quicktime files in the lavtools).

create a MPEG-1 layer 2 audiostream with a sample rate of 44100 Hz, stereo
and a bitrate of 224 KBit/sec (use the encoder of your choice, you find one
for MJPG encoded AVIs or Quicktime files in the lavtools).

I would suggest waiting before you go to any time or trouble that I can
actually write the things.  I will be testing the software and hardware
over the next few days.

Red