An entity claiming to be Roger Burton West ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
:
: So really it's Pascal all over again - if you only teach them one
: language, it's what they'll always use. If you teach them two,
: they may just possibly see the similarities and start to generalise
: to the class of "programming languages in general"...
:

So, you learned with Perl, eh?  Programmers, by nature, tend to be able to
learn new languages when necessary.

Mark

--
Mark Rogaski                  | "I've said this before but I'll say it again:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             |     Smashing Pumpkins IS REO Speedwagon."
http://www.pobox.com/~wendigo |                      -- Steve Albini
__END__                       |

PGP signature