Nathan Torkington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yup, but the *real* point of perl6 is not to radically redesign the
> language (although a little housekeeping is a good thing), but more to
> redesign the internals.  If we have to stick with perl5, we're in
> trouble.  The internals are verra nasty and long overdue for a
> rewrite.

That kind of begs the question about adding new features. If you
rewrite the internals and it behaves ezzackly like the latest 5 then
you know you've not broken anything. THEN add features in 6.1.

Or am I missing something?

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com