From: Peter Corlett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: 11 January 2001 13:12 > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you write: > >> Nah, mailman on penderel - you know you want to! ;-) > > Yeah, we want our own mailing list server. > > Mmph, it's not that hard to install Majordomo is it? If need > be, just give me the root password and I'll go and set it up... We've had this discussion before (maybe in irc or in the pub) and decided that installing Majordomo would be a bad idea. I thought we'd decided on mailman as it seems to be the best MLM out there. Yes it's written in Python, but there's plenty of other software on the box which isn't written in Perl... ...and besides, there's a rumour that Andy Wardley has a hacked version of mailman that doesn't have the 'Powered by Python' logos :) Dave... -- The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list Michael Stevens
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list David Cantrell
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list dcross - David Cross
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list Andy Wardley
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list David H. Adler
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list Greg McCarroll
- Re: the list is dead, long live the list David Hodgkinson