David Cantrell writes:
> Linuxbierwanderung 2001.  To be held in Belgium but with a large UK
> contingent.  Date to be confirmed within the next couple of weeks, but
> will almost certainly be a week somewhere between 19 Aug and 8 Sept.  It
> would be *really* great - especially for intercontinental visitors - if
> your con could be immediately before or after the LBW.

The Amsterdam YAPC folks have a bunch of venues they're looking at,
but only some have given them specific dates they're free.  The only
dates they've been told about are for the week before the London
OScon.  I hope the L16G 2001 doesn't clash with either.

As I said, though, we're REALLY worried about Europeans being on
vacation and unable to attend.  We don't know much about the
mysterious habits of this strange and noble race, and would appreciate
your guesses as to their actions: will our attendance be buggered[1]
because those on the Continong will be sunning their lily-white
bottoms in the south of France instead of getting lilier-white by
hanging out with other open source geeks?[2]

Nat
[1] not O'Reilly Official Wording[tm], of course
[2] there's an open sores joke to be made there, but I won't do it