----- Original Message -----
From: "David Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 18 January 2001 11:25
Subject: Re: [Job] BOFH wanted was: Re: Red Hat worm discovered

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 10:31:02AM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
> > David Cantrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> Actually I was thinking more along the lines of me being too damned lazy
> to whore myself around, to do the accounty boring stuff, and even to send
> invoices out on time.  All that's fine when I'm just donig a bit of
> consluting on the side, of course.

Yes, but that's where the economies of scale come in. Half a dozen
consultants ought to be able to afford the services of an accounts clerk,
and maybe their own business manager who can do the pimp^h^h^h^hsearching
around for work for you.

I'm not available (or good enough) to work full time as a perl programmer,
but my current company works very much along these lines for SAP. The only
difference is that one person is the owner of the company. SAP chargeout
rates are pretty high though, which probably affects the economics of the
thing. What sort of hourly/daily rate does an average PM perl programmer get
anyway?

/Robert