On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 01:53:12PM -0000, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Is this relevant at all?
> "The injunction was granted thanks to new European database laws that
> essentially assume data to be copyrightable"

Almost certainly. As I say, my legal dealings here were 5 years ago
when it wasn't...

> Does that mean things like the Billboard charts? They could certainly try
> and demonstrate an adverse effect on their revenues from licensing their
> listings...

Well, you're into transatlantic stuff if the site was in the UK, but this
new law would massively complicate things.

Tony
 Tony Bowden | Belfast, NI | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.tmtm.com | www.blackstar.co.uk
                   beneath it's shining like gold but better rumours of glory