On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Marcel Grunauer wrote:

> Michael Stevens writes:
>
> >When I was working in cardiff the company I was working for would charge
> >clients 500ukp/day for technical development. And this was cardiff.
>
> Ok, but that's for a company, with administrative overhead etc. For a
> single consultant/programmer/system analyst/whatever, IMO GBP 500/day is
> quite good; I never got above 50/hr with an agent and 60/hr without an
> agent (but jobs are easier to come by if you have a pimp).

If solicitors can have an office just for a few partners it can't be that
hard to do it as consultants.

Also many hackers have more business sense than their MDs - look at
success of projects started by hackers or engineers versus that of those
started by MBAs or middle managers..

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty"> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a