On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> > > There is in fact Pareto's Law which says that 80% of
> > results come from
> > > 20% of work (or 10-90 or whatever the numbers don't really matter).
> > >

> > Often, when I do something that I consider really easy and
> > spend little
> > effort on it, I get lots of really good feedback.
>
> Glad I'm not the only one. I spend three days futzing around unable to get
> stuck into a problem, and then eventually manage a decent half days work to
> get it done before the deadline. Then, while I'm worrying about having
> wasted 2 1/2 days someone comes and says what a good document it was. I
> don't get it.
>
> I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the way other people in the office seem to
> beaver away steadily.

But in truth they are doing the same as you and think everyone else is
beavering away while they futz around.  I mean to a casual observer me
typing this message will appear to be legitimate work :)

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                   |
http://www.gellyfish.com         |       I'm with Grep on this one