>>>FWIW, damian has (IIRC) requested a vga connection for ny.
>>>
>>>(will try to remember to confirm this at some point...)
>>>
>>>Your best bet is to ask him.  That's what we did. :-)
>>I'll get Mr Cross to check then. Some of teh requirements are going
>>to depend on the size of room we get. Something the size of the
>>cinemas at the ICA and a PA and mics will almost be a necessity.
>
>The room we're looking at holds 80-100 people, so that's borderline PA
>territory in my book.

Something to check tomorrow. I'll stand at the back and you can do
the Sub::Approx lightning talk :-)

>And isn't the VGA connection a requirement for the projector? Or the
>laptop? Or
>something other than the room itself?

I'll admit my message wasn't well written. What I meant was that if
the room was titchy we wouldn't need a PA, etc. Might need a VGA
extension cable regardless as the one on the projector isn't
extremely long.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford