From: Struan Donald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 20 February 2001 11:01

> * at 20/02 10:35 +0000 Mark Fowler said:
> > Micheal claimed that:
> >
> > > amazon uk have started shipping data munging with perl. I have my
> > > copy.
> >
> > Indeed they have.  I've got mine now.  They're also
> shipping the mod_perl
> > pocket reference.
>
> mmm, pc bookshop tell me uk release not till july. is this kind of
> delay normal?

That can't be right. How did you get that info? I'll get on to the UK
distributors and see why bookshops are getting such crap information.

I would imagine that it'll be in bookshops in the next week or two.

> > [% UNLESS office_policy_to_use_amazon %]
> >  [% INCLUDE standard_reasons_not_to_use_amazon_text %]
> > [% END %]
>
> why did amazon have to go and do things that make you not want to buy
> books from them? it's enormously inconvenient.

Yeah, but don't you get such a good feeling of moral superiority when
you don't buy from them.

Dave...
[posting from acxiom account as the last few messages from my other
account seemed to go missing en route]

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.