From: Robert Shiels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 22 February 2001 11:59

> I want to buy a book "Code" by Charles Petzold.
>
> streetsonline - not available
> whsmith 12.45 + 2.74 = 15.19 delivery 1-2 weeks
> bol.com 12.59 + 2.95 = 15.54 delivery 3-7 days
> pcbooks 13.99 + 3.50 = 17.49 next day delivery
> amazon 11.13 + 2.75 = 13.88 dispatched within 24 hours
>
> And the Amazon website has a good review of the book, and several comments
> by other people who have bought it, whereas the other sites have no
details
> at all. No one I've found matches Amazon's service and price for books, if
> the others want to compete online they are going to have to do much
better.

Well no-one's saying you can't use the Amazon site to get reviews and info
about a book :)

> I boycotted Amazon for a while, and stopped being an Associate, but found
> was buying less books because they were too expensive and hard to get. So
> guess I'm back to them again now.

Since I gave up Amazon, I've found myself going into bookshops more.
Browsing in a bookshop is still _by far_ the best way to buy books.

And I end up buying more books. Because for each book that I got into the
shop looking for, I find another two that seem really interesting. Amazon's
"readers who bought this book..." feature really doesn't achieve the same
thing.

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.