----- Original Message -----
From: "dcross - David Cross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 22 February 2001 12:06
Subject: Amazon (was: RE: DMP Availability)

> Since I gave up Amazon, I've found myself going into bookshops more.
> Browsing in a bookshop is still _by far_ the best way to buy books.

Yes - I agree, but I can only get to bookshops at weekends, and sometimes if
I'm busy doing other stuff it may be 2 or 3 weeks between visits. And, for
example, this book I'm looking for is not available in Windsor or Slough
(though I've noticed over the years that the computing sections are getting
much bigger and better), so I'm forced to go up to That London. So online
purchases that arrive at my door the next day are very attractive.

Sometimes I'll browse in bookshops for a whole afternoon, and then I think I
should perhaps have spent the time actually reading!

/Robert