On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 02:39:35PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
> (I note that, in the slide, (¬)^0.5 is refered to as U_SRN. Presumably
> because the idea gives the mathematicians headaches too, so they hide
> it slightly behind another symbol)

Apparently SRN stands for "Square Root of Not", so they're not hiding
it too much.

http://www.qtc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/lecture1/lecture1d.html
is interesting.

I agree about generalisation. I think it's perfectly reasonable
to call such an operator the "square root of not" in context;
as long as you understand that by the same definition, adding
one is the "square root" of adding two ;-)

 .robin.

--
"Do nine men interpret?" "Nine men," I nod.