At 09:32 13/03/2001, you wrote:

> >>Walking round PC World yesterday (nice to look at things then buy them £50
> >>cheaper online :) ) and spotted a Perl Book written by Matt Wright, with a
> >>CD including many scripts from his site. What made even more amused was
> that
> >>there was a whacking great recommendation to buy it, blazoned across the
> >>top, from the one and only Randal Schwartz. Hmmmmm....
> >
> >I bought this book a couple of years ago with the plan to write a damning
> >criticism of it. Never had the time tho'. Maybe someday...
> >
> >Randal says that his comments were quoted out of context and that it was
> >the last time he accepted payment for commenting on a book.
> >
> >Dave...
> >

>If anyone is interested the web site for the book is at:
>         http://www.cgi-perl.com/
>
>Randal's comment is:
>
>This book should definitely be on your shelf for ready-to-run programs and
>inspiration for your own custom programs.
>
>According to the website Randal Schwartz is co-author of 'Programming in
>Perl', has anyone seen this book, is it any good?

Just been wandering around the website and (as an owner of the book) was
able to access the 'private' areas. There's a message board for the
discussion of the scripts in the book and it's based on Matt's wwwboard
script. Current messages have dates like 3/12/101 and when you read the
message the full date is March 12, 19101 at 17:58:28!

Good advert for the book - lucky you only get to see it once you've read
the book!

<http://www.dave.org.uk>  SMS: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<plug>Data Munging with Perl <http://www.manning.com/cross/></plug>