On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Dominic Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:55:28PM +0000, Michael Stevens wrote:
> > I've been thinking that, while not ideal, webDAV is probably the best
> > option here. I'm told it's a) secure-ish, and b) integrates nicely
> > with Dreamweaver and whatever microsoft's thing is.
> WebDAV is ok, but you'd need to run it over HTTPS to be secure.

The other thing is that *WHEN* subversion comes out, the protocol allows
for version control, and there'll actually be a decent way of implementing
version control, so if the people who are doing the uploading screw up,
you have some chance of rolling back.

DAV over HTTPS is not that bad, though...

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  +44 20  8980 5714  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)