> Leo Lapworth was trying to debug something with Devel::DProf and
> couldn't understand why BEGIN was called more than once. Robert Price
> and Mark Fowler pointed out that 'use Module LIST' is exactly
> equivalent to 'BEGIN { require Module; import Module LIST; }', so the
> module was being use-d in multiple places, which is fine:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/london-pm%40lists.dircon.co.uk/msg02667.html

Did I?  It's not you know.  You forgot this bit of the perldoc -f use as
well:

               If you don't want your namespace altered,
               explicitly supply an empty list:

                   use Module ();

               That is exactly equivalent to

                   BEGIN { require Module }

i.e. that use Module and use Module() are ne.

Later.

Mark.

--
print "\n",map{my$a="\n"if(length$_>6);' 'x(36-length($_)/2)."$_\n$a"} (
   Name  => 'Mark Fowler',        Title => 'Technology Developer'      ,