On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Philip Newton wrote:
> Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Robin Houston wrote:
> > > And so does every other user agent in the universe,
> > > pretty much; so you'd have to be a pretty severe
> > > standards pedant to say there was no such thing ;-)
> > Lynx doesn't.
> IIRC, it does, sort of -- it uses username:password as basic authentication
> but doesn't strip them off when sending the "Host:" header, which confuses
> some web servers.

In other words, it supports them in a different way to everything else. :)
Standards are great when there are so many to choose from.

Personally, I'd say that's "not supporting them". But hey... :)

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick   Home: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  +44 20  8980 5714  (Home)
http://colondot.net/   Work: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> +44 7956 613942  (Mobile)