On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, you wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 12:25:28PM +0000, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> > OK .. I'm getting desperate now :)
> >
> > Anyone out there running Redhat 7.0?
> >
> > managed to build PGP from source on it? ...  or if not found a binary of
> > PGP that works with PGP::Sign ?? . .poxy things giving me grief ..
> > of course it builds fine on 6.2.
>
> I'm using 7.0, and hating it.  I should never have upgraded.

I am beginning to wonder whether we should have gone that route on the
swerver .. bu still.. too late now.

> I found some gpg binaries on fr.rpmfind.net which work just fine for
> everything I've had to do so far.

I haven't considered the GPG option yet .. its going to be for a user
thing .. and PGP is more common .. I am right in thinking that GPG and
PGP are basically different and not interchangeable aren't I ? .. Itried
importing PGP keyfile into GOG and it didn;t like it.

binaries of PGP appear to work for most things .. but when I try to use
PGP::Sign it bombs. The problem is that PGP::Sign use open(3) to start PGP
in batch mode and pass it file handles. But it wont work under dedrat 7
.. trying to build PGP from sources under dedrat 7.0 reveals errors in the
compile relating to the filehandles, specifically the file offset
pointers. infact: PGPFileOffset is a long int, but it tries to assign it
to a struct  that is something else .. the result is not pretty.

If all else fails I'll jsut use GPG .. which will be a pain as Kmail (my
mailer) works nicely with PGP .. but not GPG as yet .. hmmmph

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!