At 15:40 20/03/2001 +0000, Gareth Harper wrote:
> [...]

IANAL but I think that clients become liable for paying certain dues, NI
IIRC, if you, as a sole trader or casual worker, are based on a client
site, directed by the client, for a long period of time (for some value,
unknown to me, of "long").

By retaining a limited company, the client is absolved of this obligation.

There could be other reasons or this reason could be completely false. It's
been several years since I looked at this.

Simon.