On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 11:43:08AM -0500, Chris Devers wrote:

> ...except that the Windows extension hiding feature only applies to files seen
>through the normal filesystem tools (Windows Explorer, various dialog boxes, etc),
>and not Internetty stuff. People might still be scared off by seeing a web or ftp
>site that doesn't have any .zip files...

Then they deserve to be hurt.  Really.  We can't possibly support
dribbling idiots, and frankly, I have no wish to do so.  If someone is
scared by a .tar.gz extension then they have no business installing
software.  Even if just for their own use.

</rant>

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature