At Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:38:48 -0000, "Clarke, Darren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What was that book that Dave criticised on Amazon about 2 months ago?
>
> The one where the author emailed a reply which was passed around at
> the February social meeting?

It was "Perl and CGI for the World Wide Web (Visual Quickstart Guide)"
by Elizabeth Castro

I've just rememebered that I put my review on your site as well.

Having exchanged emails with the author and studied the book far more
closely, I've come to the conclusion that it's nowehere near as bad as
I thought. I've asked Amazon to remove the review and should probably
get Waterstones to do the same.

Don't get me wrong - it's not a good book by any means, it's just not
_as_ bad as I originally said.