At Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:53:12 -0000, "Clarke, Darren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >At Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:38:48 -0000, "Clarke, Darren"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> What was that book that Dave criticised on Amazon about 2 months =
> >> ago?
> >>
> >> The one where the author emailed a reply which was passed around
> >> at the February social meeting?
>
> Dave Cross replied:
> >It was "Perl and CGI for the World Wide Web (Visual Quickstart
> >Guide)"
>
> >by Elizabeth Castro
>
> >I've just rememebered that I put my review on your site as well.
>
> >Having exchanged emails with the author and studied the book far more
> >closely, I've come to the conclusion that it's nowehere near as bad
> >as I thought. I've asked Amazon to remove the review and should
> >probably get Waterstones to do the same.
>
> >Don't get me wrong - it's not a good book by any means, it's just not
> >_as_ bad as I originally said.
>
> Fair enough - I just fancied reading your review :=AC)

Well, it's still on the Waterstones site atm, but I'd appreciate it if
you could lose it.

It's part of a kind of deal that we struck. She agreed to listen to my
suggestions if I stopped slagging her off in public :)

My current target is "Open Source Linux Web Programming" by
Christopher Jones and Crew Batchelor. You can see my review of _that_
at <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764546198/>. I've been
exchanging emails with one of the authors, who has already admitted
that they don't really "get" Perl and were far more interested in the
Java chapters later on.