On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:18:03PM +0000, Robin Szemeti wrote:
> > at <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764546198/>. I've been
>
> it does strike me as a bit odd that there are 4 damming reviews and one
> totally glowing one .. how can that be .. ?? these are not slight
> diffreneces of opinion but total polarity .. and 28 out of 31 found the
> great review helpful .. bet he got his mate to write it :)

That review is so obviously and laughably rigged.

Amazon should implement (but not patent) a "Come on guys, is this
for real?" button which suggests to the site operators some sort of
review of the review and closer look at who rated the review (e.g. 28
identical IP address, registered user IDs that differ only by
a numerical suffix, etc...)

Paul