At Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:39:34 +0200, Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> > The other possibility, I guess, given that it's london.pm is
> > to make it relate to buffy in some way.... :)
>
> That reminds me of an idea I had this morning on the way to work --
> encode text using "Buffy" with uppercase and lowercase letters:
> uppercase letters stand for "0" bits and lowercase letters for "1"
> bits. (Or, if you prefer, bit 5 / 2**5 / 32 of each character
> represents the bit to be encoded.) Then you just have to chop the
> message into 5-bit chunks (adding 0 bits at the end if needed to pad
> to a 5-bit boundary) and translate.

I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this before. You encode text
using the word 'moo'. I think it used upper and lower case 'o' and also
a zero. I'm sure there was a web page somewhere that converted text
to and from 'moo's.

Or maybe I dreamt it.