On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:43:57PM +0200, Philip Newton wrote:
> Chris Devers wrote:
> > In any event, the leading 1 is never part of the phone
> > number, but you always have to dial it whenever making a
> > "long distance" call.
>
> Well, I would have thought that's just splitting hairs -- is the '0' part of
> the number 0207 xxx xxxx is the number 207 xxx xxxx "but you have to dial a
> 0 before that"? Comes out to the same thing. Except for...

I suppose I'd be splitting hairs if I pointed out that the dialing code for
London is 020, meaning numbers should be shown as 020 xxxx xxxx.

Of course BT mis-informing people in their own bumpf didn't help matters.

Neil.
--
Neil C. Ford
Managing Director, Yet Another Computer Solutions Company Limited