On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:16:07PM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> I'd also add that Java, to my eyes, seems dreadfully uncooperative. Is it
> really as hard as it seems to get a non Java program to talk to j2ee stuff?
> Or is it all just part of the Java marketing? Is it me or is COM actually
> way easier to use than CORBA?

The "J2EE platform" consists of so many disparate technologies
that it's very hard to generalise about it. It's quite easy
to get a non-Java program to talk to an HTTP servlet, for
example :-)

Which parts of J2EE tend to get used the most in enterprise
environments? Anyone got any ideas/experience?

Presumably most people build solutions around e.g. weblogic,
rather than doing everything from raw ingredients.

 .robin.

--
"You are bound to be in a state of mental unrest, even turmoil.
 And of course there can be no inner peace: be proud of it!"