On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:23:12AM +0100, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> Roger Burton West <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 12:04:05PM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> >
> > >Anyway, the whole 'numbers' thing is long over due to be replaced by
> > >those new fangled 'letters'. Works for DNS...
> >
> > Oh @deity, let's not do that. Consider the mess the WIPO's causing
> > now, and then think about competition for "good" phone names...
>
> Given we can now have kanji URLs, why not just go for logos?

You show me a DNS server which supports kanji :-)

This is a big bugbear of mine.  Yes, you can register domains in all these
weird scripts, but there's bugger all software support for them, and it
will take *years* to replace all that's out there with new versions.  Look
at how slowly crypto use is spreading, or how little-used IPv6 is.  IMNSHO,
the registrars who are hyping their furrin-language domain registrations
are committing a gross fraud, as registrants are led to believe that their
new gobbledigook.com will be usable when it ain't.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

    This is a signature.  There are many like it but this one is mine.

** I read encrypted mail first, so encrypt if your message is important **

PGP signature