Very few writes too, we'd hope :-)

> If I want people to download the source to
> one of my files instead of executing it, I turn off execute permissions.
> There are times when I want them to do *both*, so I have the one file
> (eg demo-code.pl) and reference it with two URLs, demo-code.pl and
> demo-code.pl.src.  The .src URL fails (no such file) so goes to a custom

This would make a nice beginner Apache handler, if you specified .txt or
.src it would automagically serve the file. Of course, you'd have to
have a full source disclosure type of policy :)

One site I worked on (not as an admin) left it's lib directory open
so you could download the .pm files...

Paul