On Wed, 04 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Philip Newton wrote:
> > Unfortunately, while the disclaimer came out fine, my mailer (MS Outlook)
> > displayed the real "body" (with your message) as an attachment.
>
> It started
> > begin 777 RE:
>
> so it was uuencoded. And therefore, for once, LookOut was correct.
>
> MBM

but surely the headers should have declared it as multipart mime encoded
and declared content boundary separators? .. or ar those optional ..and
if so how to you tell the difference between plain text

begin 777 RE:

and an attachment?

the headers indicate that the message is just plain text AFAICT .. so my
mailer just displays it as text ..

Outlook has this problem .. it just slaps attacments into the middle of
messages with no hint of whats about to happen in the headers ..
presumably Outlook just spots the identifier begin 777 and starts
decoding .. the rest of the planet, quite correctly thinks its text

hmmm does that mean if I type :

begin 777 wibble
M>here is some really interesting stuff that outlook wont see

end

he he he ...

--
Robin Szemeti

The box said "requires windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux!
  • Re: Philip Newton
    • Re: Greg McCarroll
      • Re: Andy Williams